At Nextens Nextens, a part of RELX, is a leading brand in the tax analytics market in the Netherlands. With thousands of customers filing millions of tax filings a year, we’re a big player in the fiscal domain. Within our portfolio, we build great tax applications, brilliant content solutions and proactive advice and predictive analysis tooling. You’ll be working in a team of 65 developers, testers, and analysts, all from different backgrounds and cultures. At our office in Amsterdam, you’ll not only find that our teams work hard, but spend time together next to that as well, during our great lunches, team outings and other activities.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for growing and leading software developers and building great technical solutions, all in one role. One of the most important things is increasing the effectiveness of developers and squads by guiding them to make decisions, mentor them, motivate them and monitor their performance. You will be helping developers in their professional growth and set up training plans. You will assist in hiring new engineers and provide technical leadership in the team, and you will be working with senior leadership to develop business targets and influence the technical strategy.
- Stimulate innovation, identify new approaches to streamline productivity.
- Lead a team in building a solution that strikes the perfect balance between customer value and technical excellence.
- Support engineers in development of technical design and approach. Coach engineers for determining engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, scalability and creating estimations for new and existing products and services.
- Bring high-quality technical approaches to the table and work with the Architect to make sure the solution is implemented correctly
- Establish and embed best practices and standards for development of secure, reliable and performant software solutions
- Foster a culture of continuous engineering improvement through coaching, feedback, and metrics. Coach in technical and non-technical aspects
- Assist in hiring and retaining engineers. Assist in creating balanced and effective squads. Job requirements
- 5+ years of development experience in a similar field
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- Experience with cloud applications: building and scaling apps on AWS/Azure/GCP
- Candidates with sufficient proficiency in Dutch (spoken and written) will get priority.
- C#/.Net experience is a big plus
About the procedure: the selection process consists of 3 interviews, a coding assignment, and an assessment. Relocation is negotiable, but Dutch residents or people holding an MVV that have applied for residence can be prioritized during the selection process